The event will be highlighted by the presentation of awards to nine police units and six personnel in recognition of their distinct accomplishments in providing quality police service to the public.
Leading the individual awardees was PCol Benedicto T Pintor for having been adjudged as Best Senior Police Commissioned Officer for Administration for CY 2018.
Other individual awardees were:
• PCpt Harlene Jane A Santoluma – Best Junior PCO for Administration;
• PMaj Alexy E Sonido – Best Junior PCO for Operation;
• PCMS Lyrma N Cajegas - Best Senior PNCO for Administration;
• PSSg Mary Beth E Gentallan – Best Junior PNCO for Administration;
• NUP Fe B Quijada – Best NUP, Non-Supervisory Level.
Also, TCDO led of giving awards to this year’s Unit awardees for CY 2018:
• Bukidnon PPO – Best Police Provincial Office;
• Cagayan de Oro City CPO – Best City Police Office;
• Bukidnon 1st PMFC – Best Provincial Mobile Force Company;
• Cagayan de Oro CMFC – Best City Mobile Force Company;
• Gingoog CPS – Best Component City Police Station;
• Claveria MPS – Best Municipal Police Station;
• PS-5 COCPO – Best City Police Station;
• Regional Finance Service Office 10 – Best Administrative Support Unit;
• Regional Crime Investigation and Detection Unit 10 – Best Operational Support Unit.
NorMin police Regional Director PBGen Rafael P Santiago Jr will present some of his unit accomplishments including PRO10s success on its anti-illegal drugs campaign wherein a total of 8.16 kgs of Methamphetamine Hydrochloride (Shabu) and 2,47kgs of Marijuana with a combined Dangerous Drug Board Value of 52 million pesos were seized and more than 2,000 drug personalities were arrested during the anti-illegal drugs operations in Northern Mindanao.
PBGen Santiago Jr underscores the significant decrease of 30% in the Crime Volume, 47% decrease in Index Crime and 31% decrease in Non-Index crimes. The drop of the crime volume particularly the index crime is attributable to the effects of the extension of martial law in Mindanao, the anti-illegal drugs campaign and the implementation of the “Enhanced Managing Police Operations” strategy.
Further he will present the upgrading of police facilities and equipment from July 2018 to July 2019, which include the distribution of 29 high capacity vehicles consisting of Toyota Hilux patrols cars, Toyota Innova, Toyota Coaster, and 14 units of Honda XRM 125cc. While on shoot asset recorded 2,215 assorted firearms and 643 communication capability were acquired.
“PRO10 performed well for this period covered under review worthy of appreciation for a job well done especially from maintaining the peace and order of the region even of the threats of insurgency, terrorism and criminalities.” PBGen Santiago said.
PBGen Santagio Jr added that personnel of PRO 10 under his watch should step up and remain focus as the quality of service to people since thru the accomplishment will still rely on the feedback coming from the people whether the police is good or not.
The Philippine National Police celebrates Police Service Anniversary every 8th of August to commemorate the founding anniversaries of its forerunner organizations – the Philippine Constabulary, established in August 8, 1901 and the Integrated National Police activated on August 8, 1975 ###
Click Here for more info.