The PNP reminded the policemen to comply with the provisions of the laws so as not to violate human rights in the implementation of martial law.
THE DON'TS DURING MARTIAL LAW:
1. The police and military personnel cannot effect warrantless arrests outside the circumstances provided under Section 5, Rule 113 of the Rules of Court;
2. No arrested/detained person should be charged beyond the period of three days. After the lapse of three-day period the detained/arrested person shall be released;
3. Civilians cannot be tried in military tribunals. The declaration of martial law does not suspend the functioning of the civil courts and the legislative assemblies;
4. No violations of constitutional rights of a person. The constitutional guarantees under the bill of rights remain to be operative and continue to accord the people of its mandate of protection;
5. No violations of the basic rights of the people/citizens;
6. The declaration does not impair the right to bail; and
7. Implementation cannot be extended for more than 60 days unless extended by Congress upon the initiative of the President.
PRO 10 advised the community to cooperate and report any violation of law and be security conscious to help our country for a lasting peace in Mindanao.