FIRE SAFETY TIPS
1.NEVER place a portable heater near curtains, upholstered furniture, or other flammable materials.
2. NEVER store flammable items such as wood, paper, chemicals, or oily and dirty rags near heat sources.
3. ALWAYS practice and plan a safe fire escape route with the members of your household.
4. Test your smoke detectors regularly. Replace batteries as needed.
5. If you wake up and smell smoke, get on the floor and crawl to the nearest fire exit or window.
6. If smoke is present in your home, NEVER open a door until you have checked it for heat. If the door is hot, DO NOT OPEN IT. Use your alternate escape route.
7. If your clothes catch on fire, STOP, DROP, and ROLL, while covering your face with your hands.
8. Parents, remember that children will often try to hide from the fire. Be sure to check all closets and under beds for children during a fire emergency.
Points To Consider When Planning An Emergency Evacuation
PRACTICE YOUR EMERGENCY ESCAPE PLAN OFTEN!
If Your Clothes Catch On Fire
DO NOT RUN - Running only makes it worse.
DROP TO THE GROUND.
Try to cover your eyes with your hands.
ROLL and ROLL and ROLL.
Roll Your Body.
Try to smother the fire.